Severe hot or cold weather can damage items stored in storage units. Important documentation for your home or business, computer equipment and electronics, wood or leather furniture, photographs, books, clothing, artwork and other valuable possessions can be destroyed if not properly protected. In a geographic area with weather like Massachusetts, temperature-controlled storage units provide the ideal solution for storing your personal or business-related items.
Our temperature controlled units maintain a steady temperature of 55–80° using central air conditioning and heat. Maintaining a temperature controlled environment minimizes risk of:
- Warping, cracking and splitting
- Rust, yellowing and corrosion
- Mold, mildew and bacteria overgrowth
- Infestation of wasps, mice, termites and other vermin
The following is a list of items commonly stored in temperature-controlled storage.
- Home goods
- Leather or wood furniture
- Antiques & heirlooms
- Craft supplies
- Food & drink
- Paintings & other fine art
- Archival documents, tax files, & other paperwork
- Musical instruments
- Media such as DVDS, CDS, vinyl records, cassettes & 8-track tapes
- Cameras, televisions & stereos
- Computers & computer parts
- Video & audio equipment
- Tools & machines
- Restaurant equipment
- Construction supplies & business items
- Pharmaceutical samples & medical supplies
- Seasonal inventory
If you plan to frequently access your stored items as you add, remove or organize them, keep in mind your comfort when working within your storage unit. A pleasant temperature can make the job much easier.
Consider the Value (Sentimental & Financial) of What You Plan to Store
If you are storing items of sentimental value or historical documents for your business, the added protection of a temperature controlled unit will give you peace of mind. Whether your items would be costly and inconvenient to replace, or irreplaceable, if you are going to pay to store them it is wise to store them well.
More information about our storage units can be found here and an online reservation can be made here.